Today I decided to make applesauce. I had a bunch of Granny Smiths on hand and it was a cold, lazy Sunday and the idea of homemade applesauce sounded right. I love the way it makes the whole house smell soooo good, the way a scented candle tries but just can't match. I don't have any kind of recipe; I just peel, slice into chunks, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top and cook. I let mine cook a really long time on low, until almost all the chunks break down on their own. After about an hour I mash whatever is left, let it cool just a little bit, and eat. Yum.
Luckily I had my sous chefs on hand to assist. First up is Chef Charlotte:
She is ready to help out with the towel, should I need it, but in the meantime she has fun waving it around and squealing loudly. I like to think she's cheering me on, and her enthusiasm for my cooking is very motivating.
Next, Chef Howard:
I gauge his interest by his ear size, so this means that Howard is very, very interested in helping. Those satellite dishes attached to his head verify this.
He is especially helpful with cleanup, particularly of the apple-piece-fell-between-the-cupboard-and-oven variety.
He was unsuccessful, but I appreciate his effort. I rewarded him with a piece of apple that wasn't covered in dust.
All that helping gets tiring, so while I was enjoying this...
...they were doing this:
Love them. Especially the last one :)
Hope your weekend was great.
~Stacy


No comments:
Post a Comment