Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Day

Brrr.  It's blizzard-ing (not a word) outside right now!  Tuesday was 56 and kind of sunny.  Looked like this:

Howard the model.  It was supposed to just be a picture of the tree, but he got in every shot so I granted him the spotlight.

Then today came along...




Beautiful, and a great day to stay inside with my baby, cup (okay, huge mug) of coffee, and sewing machine.  Ahh.

Speaking of my sewing machine, its new home is just about finished.  I found the cute chair I was looking for here.  I ordered it Tuesday and it arrived today!  My cabinet also arrived this week.  After a few snafus in putting it together, here it is:


It's actually designed to be used as a medicine cabinet in the bathroom, but I thought it was a good size and fit well for what I need to use it for (storing thread, patterns, and other sewing supplies).  Also, I have a built in cabinet in the dining room that looks like its much larger twin.  Here is my space, almost all finished:




I love it.  It's the perfect use for this unused corner of the room and has everything I need all in one place.  And now I won't have to put away something I'm working on so we can have space at the dinner table :)

This little beauty showed up in today's mail:


It's a charm pack from the new line California Girl by Fig Tree Quilts.  I love all of their lines and this one is brand new--you can't even get the yardage until March.  It's a mix of fun florals, polka dots, and stripes in bright greens, corals, blues, and yellows.  Love it.

Stay warm!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment