Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Winter Handmades & A Show!

It is officially spring and the first quarter of 2014 is just about over--a truth that makes me very, very happy. This winter has been just the worst, so moving into a new season feels even better than usual.

I haven't gotten much of anything done this week (though it seems like it's been three weeks long already) because the girl was sick. Poor thing, she rarely gets sick and this was her first experience with this particular brand of sick...so I guess I should consider myself lucky to have made it almost three years before dealing with it. Thankfully it was a short-lived bug and she bounced back pretty quickly. But between that and more cold and snow we haven't gone anywhere or done much of anything besides watch Toy Story and her favorite, "Cinderelly!"

So without being able to accomplish much, it was nice to take a look back at the past three months and see what I've made--this always motivates me when I'm in a slump.


Speaking of handmades, I'm participating in a vendor show on Saturday, April 5th. My friend Christine is hosting it--it's a small show, open to the public, with about a dozen local vendors (including yours truly) selling an array of items like jewelry, bags, accessories, cupcakes (yes!), adorable stuffed owls, and other lovely things. It's a great opportunity to do some shopping (Mother's Day!) and even get your portraits done if you wish--Christine will be doing mini portrait sessions on site. Appointments are not required but strongly encouraged. Light refreshments will also be available, and there is no charge for admission. If you are in the area please come, it will be a good time!

The Landings is located near the corner of Rte. 83 (Avon Belden) and Walker Rd. It is across the street from Wendy's--look for a wooden sign near the road that says "The Landings", since the building itself is not visible from the road. 

I hope to see you there!!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment