This past week we had dinner reservations with a friend/co-worker of Chad's who was in town from Florida for a few days. We went to The Greenhouse Tavern downtown (on East 4th, for you locals) and it was delicious. We've eaten there once before and loved it and it did not disappoint the second time. Their menu changes fairly often and they use all local ingredients, plus the food is just delicious.
Charlotte was thrilled to get to "go to the city!" During the wait for our food Chad took her on a walk around the block--it's a really cool area right there. The 5th Street Arcades are just a few steps away and there are neat little stores and restaurants all over. After dinner we visited Colossal Cupcakes for some dessert--they aren't kidding when they say colossal. The cupcakes are huge and delicious and definitely Charlotte's favorite part of the night :)
After the beautiful weather that kicked off last week it got cold and snowy again, which also brought with it a cold for the girl (and, I suspect, a cold for her Daddy and I now too). As a result, we were back indoors most of these past few days. We watched Cinderella with her for the first time last weekend and she absolutely loved it, so since she got her cold she's watched it at least once a day. I can't complain, it's one of my favorites too :)
Thursday brings the official start of spring--woo hoo!! I started some spring cleaning this week and completely flipped our extra bedroom on its head and cleaned it. It felt great and now I only have the rest of the house to do...
Have a good week!
~Stacy





No comments:
Post a Comment