February, arguably the worst month of every year, is finally over. Just 28 days, yes, but 28 wretched ones--especially this year, with the Worst Winter Ever. Most years I'm kind of on my own in my desperation for winter to be over but right now everyone is walking around like a caged animal. We may have another winter storm coming this weekend but at least it's March and one step closer to putting an end to this nonsense.
Speaking of cold, I took Charlotte to see Frozen this past Thursday. It was her very first time seeing a movie in a theater (and for that matter, her very first time seeing a movie. She's only ever just watched shorter shows like Curious George and Sesame Street). I was hoping to make it thirty minutes into the movie before leaving but I was blown away when she watched the entire thing, including previews. She really liked it, and so did I--it was a genuinely good movie, and one that if I had seen it as a young girl would have become one of my favorites.
She was so cute during the whole thing, just sitting there wide eyed and entranced. Every time they would show a really snowy scene she would say "oohh, that's beautiful!" When I asked her afterward who her favorite character was she said "The princess! The cold one." Which is precisely how she sweet talked her daddy into this later that evening:
She's been asking to see it again ever since and that wish might come true this weekend. She's staying with my parents while Chad and I take our quick Florida trip and they are planning on taking her to see it. Sounds like we will all be having a good time :) I am very much looking forward to a few days of sunshine, beaches and warm weather--even if it means I will miss this girl like crazy.
Have a lovely weekend!
~Stacy


No comments:
Post a Comment