Sunday, March 9, 2014

Millie Mermaid


During our visit to Sanibel Island in Florida last week, I discovered a cute little fabric shop called Three Crafty Ladies that sold bright, beachy themed fabrics and patterns. I picked up this adorable mermaid pattern by Jennifer Jangles:

Charlotte spotted the pattern before I could do anything about it and has been asking me daily if I'll make her a mermaid. So today while she was gone for a few hours I did--it went surprisingly quickly and was a mostly hassle free project. The best part was the cost: nothing! I used leftovers from my stash for everything.

The pattern calls for using fabric for the hair but I decided to go with felt for a softer look (and because I didn't have any solid color fabric that would've looked right as hair). I also didn't have any buttons on hand for the eyes so I improvised and used embroidery floss.


I thought she turned out nicely and the girl agreed. She had one hand around the mermaid and the other around her Elsa wand (her souvenir from our trip, a much desired Frozen toy).



It was fun enough to make I might have to make Millie some friends :)

Happy Sewing!

~Stacy

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing! The fact that you threw this together in a few hours astonishes me! I love reading about all your adorable, crafty creations because I am so NOT crafty!

    ReplyDelete