I need a pause button during the week, something that will let me slow down the time a bit. Don't we all? It would be nice.
There's been a lot of work and progress made on setting up my new site that will become my sewing/crafting website. I'm excited about it, but it's not quite ready to go "live" yet. Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be ready to share it. Once that's ready and I can clear a few more work related things off my list I'll be able to blog a little more regularly here as well. And take pictures again. I've pretty much only used my iPhone camera the past couple of weeks and I miss going off and practicing photography with my real camera.
This week we've played dress-up. A lot. She's got a thing for tutus right now, and it all started with these:
Yep, baby ballerina slippers. She calls them her "rina shoes" and last week when she was wearing them and I asked her what she wanted to do that day she replied "go shopping for a tutu?" So I dug through her clothes and pulled out these two tutu skirts Chad's sister bought her and a Rapunzel costume that came with her doll she got for Christmas. Behold:
My hydrangeas are almost there, just a few more days:
This girl got to go to the zoo with her aunt and uncle, and scored a new stuffed monkey:
And I found this at a garage sale and had to get it:
And yesterday we made the switch over to a toddler bed. She's super excited about her "big girl bed" but the transition is going to take some time...because as excited as she was about having a big girl bed, she was even more excited about her newfound freedom. We only have one night and one nap down with the new bed setup and it's been challenging. But hopefully by this time next week I will be able to report some decent progress. Hopefully.
One area I did make some progress in was painting. Not the out of control, "let's paint the whole house" painting we did last year but just painting one little wall in our bedroom. It's the only wall in the whole house that hasn't been repainted at least once since moving in almost 7 years ago. We painted one accent wall a deep red, which was a nice color but not one that I ever really cared for on a wall...it was just so dark, and when you have a very small space to begin with dark is not the way to go. So last week I pulled out some leftover light-colored, neutral paint out from the basement and repainted.
And finished. Due to the angle I took the photo it appears as if a supernova is directly outside the window. It is much brighter in here but not supernova bright. I didn't realize how much the dark color was weighing down the whole room; painting the wall was like turning on a permanent lamp. Ahh, light and bright. Just the way I like it.
And that's all. Excuse me while I got make a pot of coffee to help out with the lack of sleep, courtesy of the big girl bed and the "big girl" herself.
~Stacy




No comments:
Post a Comment