Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Post From the Weekend

I hope you all had a nice Father's Day weekend! We did. On Saturday we went out for breakfast, or as Charlotte said "to the pancake store." She spent the night with my parents so Chad and I could have dinner and go out for an early anniversary celebration (our actual anniversary was yesterday. How has 8 years gone by already??) We went to Pier W, a restaurant that sits right on the water with views of the lake all around it. It was fancy and delicious and not ever the sort of place we would normally eat but perfect for a special date night. And we scored free dessert because they felt badly that they forgot to bring out a crab cake appetizer until the entrees were ready. We didn't even notice (or care) but I'm not one to turn down free dessert. Or paid dessert. I like dessert.

On Sunday we had a cookout at my parents house and afterward Chad got to celebrate even more by doing schoolwork the rest of the evening! Yes, that is to be read in a voice dripping with sarcasm. At least he's far enough along with the program now that the end is in sight. Just a couple more classes and gone will be the days of an extra 35 hours a week of school on top of a full time job. Just typing that sentence makes me feel better :)

And that's all I've got for today. I have a few projects in the works that aren't blog ready yet, and I'm working on thinking of a good blog name that isn't already registered to use for my family/photography/not sewing related blog...any ideas? Once I come up with something I'll move forward and let you know.

In the meantime, here are some photos from the past week that are completely random but like I said, that's all I've got :)

Like my bubble chaser:

This is what happens when you marry a ninja. I wonder how long until she tries to climb up the swing set too? The best part about this is the Winnie blankie that he has in his back pocket. :)

They're blooming! My white ones are still straggling a bit but the blue one is proudly bursting with beautiful flowers.

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted a couple pictures of our neighborhood deer? Well, I thought she was looking a little, ahem, well fed. Turns out there was a reason:

This is one of my new favorite pictures. She got to dig into a strawberry shortcake and the look on her face is priceless.

The big pool isn't quite ready to swim in yet, so why not put your giant float inside the baby pool?



Have a great week.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment