But in addition to all that fun stuff I'm working on some actually fun stuff-- to me, at least. I've been thinking for a long time about teaching small group and private sewing lessons. I've been doing research on classes offered in the area and gathering all the info I can find about costs, what is taught, class sizes, materials needed, skills and techniques, etc. to come up class ideas I think might work. I'm hoping to get some beginner level classes started by late July and hopefully will be able to continue offering classes on and ongoing basis after that. Right now I'm mostly interested in getting feedback from people who have thought about taking sewing lessons at some point and finding out what they want to learn and how they want to learn it.
In addition to that, I am also planning on making some changes to this blog over the next several months. The plan is to continue with this blog as a sewing and sewing related blog only and split off any personal and photography related (or really any topic unrelated to sewing or fabric, with few exceptions) to a new blog. Over time this blog will hopefully become more of a business venture for me, and since that venture is centered around all things sewing and fabric it makes the most sense to keep the blog posts related to that. But I also love taking photos and sharing stories of other personal and non sewing related topics, so that's why I will continue to do that on a new blog.
I'll make sure to share all the changes as they happen and nothing will be changing for awhile. I have a lot of things to work on and put in place behind the scenes, but I just wanted to put it out there for those who read and follow along. Stay tuned :)
~Stacy
P.S. I typed this in a hurry on my iPad and am crossing my fingers auto correct hasn't done anything embarrassing that I failed to catch. If so, please kindly overlook.
No comments:
Post a Comment