Saturday, March 30, 2013

Until Next Year, Winter

Well, the first quarter of 2013 is just about over. This is kind of sad because it means time continues to fly, but it's also really great because it means winter is almost over and the cloud of depression from this grayness that is hanging over everyone's head might soon be lifted.

At the start of the year, one of my resolutions was to sew more in general, but to focus more on making clothes. I've sewn myself several tops (sorry, I only took pics of one top, so you'll just have to trust me on that) and I've sewn quite a few things for Charlotte. I've also tried new techniques out of my comfort zone to broaden my skills and expand my sewing options.

So far this year I have sewn almost as many things as I did in all of 2012. I'm pretty surprised at that but also quite proud, if I do say so myself :) I don't really have any more free time than I did last year (though Charlotte does play more independently and for longer stretches than she did a last year), but it's amazing what I can get done with a few minutes here and there, a couple hours on a weeknight after Charlotte goes to bed, and on Tuesdays (the day Charlotte spends with my mom). It also helps that sewing is how I like to spend a lot of my free time.

Here's a look at what I've made this week. It includes yet another Ice Cream Social Dress (using the tutorial from Craftiness is Not Optional). I do believe this is my favorite item to date that I've made my girl. This will be her party dress for her 2nd birthday (which will be here in almost two months...what??).




This dress looks like a warm, sunny summer day and makes me want to sit outside with an ice cold glass of lemonade and have a picnic. Also summery? This top, which is made in the same style as the Sesame Street top I made last week, minus the rickrack trim on the bottom.



And just for fun, I went through all the photos of projects from this year so far and put them into a collage. It's very colorful :)


Are you ready for Easter? I'm not hosting this year (good thing, my house is a mess) and I'm bringing a salad. Well, I am once I go to the grocery store. Along with the other ten million people that will probably be there today.

Happy Easter!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment