My girl loves to color. Well, really she seems to enjoy anything related to art but coloring is her favorite. Oh, and drawing. If she's scribbling on a piece of paper she'll usually tell us what she's drawing, which mostly means she's mentioning highlights of her day or things in the room and claiming to draw them. Just the other day she was drawing away with a marker and I asked her to list all the things she was drawing. Her list: "A cow. A ducky. A nice kitty. A boy." A boy?? I thought I had at least another 10 years until she started doodling anything about boys, but there you have it.
Today we went grocery shopping at a store that has a bunch of closeout deals. I found this gigantic coloring book for $1 and she had some fun with it this afternoon. She was very focused on her coloring and I think she liked being able to lay down and have all that space to color on.
My left-handedness did not rub off on her, I see. That's good. I used to hate writing left-handed in school because I would always smear whatever I was writing or end up with pencil and pen all over the side of my hand. Not to mention, none of the desks in high school were made for lefties so I had to twist to the right side to write papers. Charlotte won't need to deal with such hardship :)
Chad's off for the rest of the week so today feels like Friday. I almost wished you a happy weekend, but it's a bit early for that. Instead, Happy Wednesday. I'm off to watch Modern Family--finally, new episodes!
~Stacy



Something I really love to do right now when Evelyn's coloring is point to her scribble and say, "Oh my gosh, what an amazing bunny!!!" (or cat, dog, picture of daddy, etc.) She gets soooo proud and grins from ear to ear. Then sometimes I can say something like, "Draw mommy a kitty!" and she's scribble and then point to it and say, "Meow!" You should try it with Charlotte. Of course it may mean that a few years down the road in art class they'll scribble and be like, "look teacher, a bunny!" and the teacher won't see it the same way...but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)
ReplyDelete