Monday, March 4, 2013

Same Day, Different Year

So in looking back through photos from the past year, I noticed how many ones from this time last March that looked like they were taken in July. I stopped when I got to them, convinced that the date must have been set incorrectly in my camera because almost all of them showed blue and sunny skies, green grass, buds and flowers, and a baby outside with a sunhat and no socks. Nope, the dates were right. Last March was unseasonably warm and beautiful. My grandma's birthday is on Thursday, and I remember for her party last year we ended up bringing her patio furniture out of storage and sitting outside on her porch in the bright warm sun. On March 7th.

Here's what last year looked like:




Aaaand here we are today:




We went to the nature center and walked around outside as long as we could stand it in the 30 degree cold. Despite the chill, it was still a beautiful day. We at least replicated the sunny blue skies from last year :)

And before we left, Little Miss had some fun trying on my hat and gloves. The hat actually fit her quite well so it stayed on for our nature center trip. Silly girl:



Happy Monday.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment