My brother and sister-in-law have three cats, so when she goes over there to visit she's pretty much in heaven. One of their cats is named Seamus and he's usually the most visible and active of the three when guests are over. For some reason, saying the name "Seamus" came easily for her so she was saying it over and over again one day when we were visiting. Another one of the cats (Rupert) looks sort of like Seamus, so when she was running around looking for him she stumbled upon both cats in one spot and it blew her mind. So she gets all excited and says "Hi Seamus!" and "Hi...Two Seamus!". So now Rupert is known as "Two Seamus" and ever since that day Charlotte refers to her two favorite stuffed kitties as Seamus and Two Seamus. The other ones are simply "Kitty" or "Baby" or "Meow."
On to the point of this post. Today I needed a few minutes to get some work emails sent out. She was running around like crazy and I knew it was going to be necessary to find something to totally distract her. So I went to YouTube and looked up "cute kittens" and found this video. As I'm typing my emails I hear her start to giggle a little. Then a few moments later I hear the giggles get harder, until the room was overcome with belly laughs at the cats on the video. It was hilarious and distracting, and I had to watch it unfold. I don't have many videos of her cracking up like that, so I tried replaying it to see if I could strike gold twice. She laughed harder the second time:
And the third:
The video quality isn't great, sorry about that. But really all that matters is the audio :) And the bread and cheese she's holding in the video? It's part of her pretend food set that she's currently obsessed with. We went out for lunch today and she insisted on holding the cheese slice for the entire car ride.
The video quality isn't great, sorry about that. But really all that matters is the audio :) And the bread and cheese she's holding in the video? It's part of her pretend food set that she's currently obsessed with. We went out for lunch today and she insisted on holding the cheese slice for the entire car ride.
It's been kind of a rough week. The sound of my girl laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes made me forget about the stress, worries, and frustrations of the week and enjoy the moment. If you've had less of an All Star week yourself, watch the videos. I guarantee that it is impossible to walk away after watching a baby lose her mind laughing with the same levels of stress and frustration that you started with. Try it. :)
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment