Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Dress

Despite my sewing drought that's been going on for a couple months now, I did manage to make something special: a Christmas dress for my girl. I feel like I've sewn with only Oliver + S patterns lately, but I guess that's a testament to how much I love them. The pattern I used was the Birthday Party Dress. Though I'm happy with the end result, this was not my favorite O+S pattern to date. The construction of the dress was a little confusing (overcomplicated?) and I'm not wild about how the pleats came together. It was certainly not a bad pattern, just probably not one I'd recommend after sewing with several others of theirs.

Here's the pattern:
pattern


The fabric is the red version that you may recognize from this post, part of the Avalon line by Fig Tree Quilts. I adore this line--it has so many different colors and they all seem to go together without being too matchy. I bought this fabric over the summer and have been hoarding it ever since :)

I decided not to use my model for this photo shoot since I reallllly want to avoid the chance that the dress could get stained (or for that matter, wrinkled, since this thing was a pain to iron. Those pleats...). So you'll have to imagine, and I'll try to remember to post pictures when she actually wears it.

IMG_0257


IMG_0259


IMG_0260


IMG_0261


IMG_0262


The chances that I'll sew anything between now and Christmas is slim, so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I'll see you again in the New Year with more fun projects :)

1 comment: