Friday, November 23, 2012

T-Day

Wow. I'm full. Thanksgiving was wonderful, and I hope yours was too. We normally eat earlier in the day, like around lunchtime or a bit later, so this year we did things a little differently and had Thanksgiving dinner actually at dinnertime. It was great doing it that way since I had plenty of time earlier in the day to cook, clean and lounge around before anyone got here. It also ensured that we were super hungry by the time the turkey came out of that oven. I made double batches of everything, since leftovers = great. I could send plenty home with everyone and still have lots left for us to eat this weekend (including for breakfast...I never knew sweet potato casserole could make such a delicious start to my day).

For those of you wondering, I settled on a table centerpiece (see all about that on this post). I went for a "simply nature" theme that included a bunch of sticks gathered by this:

I have a set of blue Wedgwood china that my Grandma gave me several years ago. It's beautiful and I've never used it out of fear that I'll break something. So it sits safely on display in our dining room china cabinet, where I can appreciate its prettiness while maintaining a safe distance. I decided to be brave and use it and I'm glad I did. I love the look of the fancy dishes with the casual centerpiece--a mix of styles is a good thing, in my book.






I hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment