Today was busy. This was my setup while I finished weeding the backyard flower bed:
This lasted all of about 15 or 20 minutes, until she decided that being in Pack 'N Play jail was torture. She would have much rather played on a blanket in the grass, but I didn't want to worry about her rolling away (that's her preferred method of transportation: rolling. And she's fast.) Thankfully naptime came soon after so I could finish this section:
This is the area that took 5 bags of mulch, somehow. I also trimmed everything like crazy, dug up an old tree stump that was in the middle, and tore out 3 other bushes that no longer fit and/or were not healthy. I plan to put a big flower pot with bright white and red flowers in the middle of this to finish it completely.
Also done today: more tearing out of weeds, ugly/dying/ill fitting bushes along the side of the house, clearing out the flower bed in the back of the house, trimming bushes, and cutting down and clearing out those mini maple tree/weeds along the side of garage. Phew.
Thankfully the ice cream stand at the beach opened just in time. I think I earned this today:
Mitchell's Ice Cream, how I love you so. And it seems like I'm not the only one--a certain little girl sampled some today. Here she is waiting for Daddy to give her a taste:
| YUM. |
| "More?" |
I hear you, girlfriend.
All of my yard tools and lawn bags are still outside. It's not supposed to rain, so they're staying there until tomorrow; I'm beat. Time to lay on the couch and watch Waiting for Guffman. If you're not familiar with it or other Christopher Guest movies, you should look into it--Best in Show is a good starting point, and my personal favorite :)
Good night.
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment