Wednesday, May 2, 2012

11 Months

Charlotte is 11 months old today!  We started the day by trying to take her picture on her white blanket, like we do every month.  These usually are fun and I can distract her long enough to lay on her blanket and smile for the camera.  Today, however, was a different story.  Maybe it's because she had far more interesting things to do, maybe it's because she had just woken up, maybe it's because I have a cold/sinus thing happening that was making my head feel like it was trapped in a vise, but the photo shoot did not go well.  I'm making her a book for her 1st birthday using Shutterfly that captures all the highlights of her first year.  Shutterfly is having a 50% off sale on photo books that, naturally, ends today.  I wanted to order it now so I could A) get the sale price and B) have it in time for her actual birthday.  I ordered it with a few blank pages at the end that I'll fill in with some more May photos, but I wanted to at least get in her 11 month photos before placing the order.  Had it not been for this, I would have postponed the picture taking until later in the week.  I ended up with a lot of photos, but about 99% of them were like this:

Charlotte pulling the blanket into bunches:


Charlotte trying to get into stuff under her bed:

This sort of decent photo, except she looks kind of grumpy and the sun was shining in the window and made the lighting look weird:

Charlotte pointing at the toys she wanted to be playing with instead of posing for pictures:

And, finally, Charlotte blowing raspberries at the camera to let it (and me) know exactly what she thought of this photo session:

Thankfully Howard stepped in to help out.  Phew, I don't know what I would have done without him.

 Hi Mom.  I understand this isn't going well.  Here, I'll pose.  Do you like this pose?

Here's a profile view.  How's that?

Excuse me, Charlotte?

She just needs one picture.  All you have to do is lie down on this blanket, see?

 Just like this.

He gets points for trying, but this was about as good as it got.

I'm excited that it's May!  This month really signifies the start of summer to me.  I wasn't able to fully enjoy last May, because by the time it rolled around I was 17 months pregnant and had feet that looked like small loaves of bread (or so it seemed).  I'm looking forward to a summer of feeling good and having my little Junebug by my side :)

All 11 months of her.
If you get a chance, please check out my Etsy shop--it's been updated with a few items leftover from the Avant-Garde show.  I'll be photographing more items later this week and adding them to the shop, so keep checking back!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment