I really love cupcakes. I love baking them, but even more than that I love buying delicious ones that someone else made and eating them :) Thankfully, I have
Alyssa's Cupcakes for that. I discovered Alyssa's Cupcakes several years ago at a craft show. I think I bought 4 of them to take home, but only two of them actually made it there. They were
so good: moist cake, delicious frosting (sweet but not too sweet, creamy, and no strange food coloring taste), creative flavors, and adorable designs. My mom, sister-in-law Sondra, and I have become loyal followers since then. And by "loyal followers" I mean something closer to "crazed cupcake stalkers." We've been known to check their website to see which events they'll be at and show up with all the flavors for that day memorized. It's borderline obsessive, but these cupcakes are that good. We served them at my baby shower, Sondra's ordered them for a friend's baby shower, and I ordered 2 dozen for Charlotte's birthday party next weekend (never mind that only 17 guests are expected and 1 1/2 dozen would have been adequate).
This summer, Alyssa's Cupcakes will be at
Frostville Farmer's Market every Saturday from 9A-1P. Each week they'll have different delicious flavors (the flavors for each week are
listed here on their website), such as Cotton Candy, Blueberry Pancake, Strawberry Milkshake, and Chocolate Chip Cookie to name just a few. Yesterday I stopped by their booth and picked up a sampler pack of 4 flavors: Watermelon Wave, Lemonade, Blueberry, and S'Mores.
The S'Mores cupcake is missing. In the time it took for me to charge my camera battery, I ate it. At 10AM. Let's not talk about it.
 |
| There was a tiny piece of fuzz stuck to my camera lens, not the frosting. |
There's a very good chance that I will be stopping by their booth every Saturday for the rest of the summer, and you should too. Alyssa and her mom, Gina, are incredibly nice people--and it doesn't hurt that their cupcakes are absolutely fantastic. It's 10AM. I think I'll have another one for breakfast.
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment