Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sewing Stash Projects

I hope you had a wonderful Easter!  Charlotte's first Easter was a nice, laid back day at home.  We had family over and ate ham and probably one of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted (Thanks Sondra!).  Charlotte played with her Easter basket goodies and modeled her dress:


In sewing news, I finally have enough ready for the Avant-Garde show in a couple weeks.  I decided to go thru my huge fabric stash and find a few things to make from it, just for fun.  Thankfully my helper was available:


That bin is one of two that I have full of fabric...yikes.  Here's what I've made so far out of leftover fabric:

This sun hat is a McCall's pattern (#6309)

and:
That last picture is a a case with a fold-up changing pad inside.  It's just big enough to hold the pad and a couple of diapers, making it nice and light to toss in my purse if we run to the store.  I used the "Stella" pattern from this book.  Both projects used less than a yard of fabric and were finished in under an hour.

My next project?  A pillowcase dress for Charlotte out of this fabric:
This is leftover from Charlotte's room--my mom and I used it to make curtains, crib bumpers, a banner, and a seat cushion.  I have enough left to make at least one dress--I love it!  It's Flower Sugar II by Lecien.

Today's a great day to sew--cold and rainy, everything else done (for once).  It's just been me and sewing machine with Will & Grace on in the background and Howard curled up in a ball on the couch.  Good day :)

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment