Monday, April 2, 2012

10 Months!

10 months.  That's how old my baby girl is today!  Keeping with tradition, I took her picture (rather, I took approximately 900 pictures) of her in a white T-shirt on her pretty white blanket.

 I also was thinking about how much my life has changed (obviously) in these 10 months, in ways both big and small.  I compiled a list of just a few things that, just 10 short months ago, were so very different from today.

 10 months ago...


--I had never uttered the words "don't put your toes in your mouth, you'll get pears on your toes!" at the dinner table.


--I ran errands quickly, without much conversation with other shoppers other than what was absolutely necessary.  Turns out babies are amazing conversation starters with all sorts of people, especially when said baby is giving huge toothy grins to every person she sees.


--I went grocery shopping without singing, ever. 


--I had no idea what products were even in the baby aisles at certain stores, other than broad categories like diapers, cribs, clothes, etc.  Now I could probably remotely register someone at Target for their baby shower with my mind, if that were possible.  Find me a Target and I will find you whatever baby item you need, and I'll probably even know if they don't carry it.  (P.S.  If they don't, you don't need it.  Really.  Babies 'R Us may carry Nursery Water, but here's a secret:  so does your kitchen faucet).

--I hardly ever went into the room that is now her bedroom.  Now it's my favorite place in the house, and I've logged more hours in there than I can count.



--I took far fewer pictures.  There are a few reasons for this, including lack of a camera that I love and no adorable baby to photograph 24/7.  But now I take more pictures of everything (not just her) because I see beauty in more things.  Having her is like seeing the world for the first time all over again.  Neat.



--I thought Desitin was something that went in a baby's mouth (I had it confused with Orajel).  Thankfully I worked that out before it became an issue.  Now I can't imagine not knowing the purpose of these items, or living without them. 


--I would never, in a million years, willingly touch or kiss someone's feet.  Now I can't help myself from tickling and kissing those tiny, pudgy baby feet.  They are, in a word, delicious.







That last picture is her newest obsession--pointing at things she wants.  In this case, she wanted the camera.  Between that and "sssat?" (translation: "what's that?") there is a lot of cuteness going on.  I think I'm going to like 10 months...maybe even more than 9, if that's possible.

~Stacy

2 comments:

  1. My favorite quote, " But now I take more pictures of everything (not just her) because I see beauty in more things. Having her is like seeing the world for the first time all over again. Neat." Babies do have a way of making us slow down and see what's really important in our lives and the beauty all around us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete