We somehow managed to finish all the painting and other assorted projects on our list in one day. Even though painting the trim required 4 coats of paint, it was surprisingly not as bad to do as I was prepared (given that I hate painting. Seriously. I'd rather mow grass for an entire day, tackle an ironing pile as tall as the ceiling, or trim Howard's nails). This was great news for two reasons: we were able to finish the project ahead of schedule without much frustration and now I'm confident that we can handle painting the trim in the living room ourselves instead of paying someone else to do it.
We started by filling some small holes with wood filler, then lightly sanded everything to make sure the paint & primer went on smoothly. It wasn't until he was done sanding that Chad realized we had a pack of 50 face masks in the basement. I won't repeat what was said when he found this out after inhaling dust for an hour. Not recommended and definitely something we will make sure to have covered in future projects.
Here's our lovely "after" pictures (I did not take any "during" photos because the dining room looked like we'd been ransacked and I didn't want any records of it in such a state):
So glad it's done, and very happy with the results!
While we were working, Howard did his best to help by staying out of the way. Apparently watching people paint is tiring business:
Our house smells delicious. Chad went to Trader Joe's on Saturday morning and came home with a bundle of hyacinths:
I have them in the dining room and you can smell them all the way upstairs.
The best part of the weekend? Getting this back:
Howard was pretty happy to see her too, though it may be because he could play with her toys again...
I hope your weekend was great!
~Stacy





No comments:
Post a Comment