It is now March, and I completely realize we can still have plenty of cold, dark and ugly days this month but March at least has a light at the end of it's tunnel. Spring officially takes over this month, daylight savings time starts next weekend, and there's a possibility of seeing some flower buds start to form. And the 95 inches of snow and ice that are outside may stand a chance of melting, so there's that.
Soon, this:
February is the longest short month ever. It's 28 days of garbage, mostly. This year was especially terrible given the stomach virus/black plague that visited our household last week, via the small girl who lives with us. Thanks to her first year of preschool, she has brought home at least half a dozen colds, the respiratory flu, an ear infection, fevers, and now the stomach bug since she started school in August. I expect better immunity next year.
Everyone is (mostly) on the mend at this point, and we can now focus our attentions to the month ahead and the promise of spring, sunshine, flowers, greenery, and a desperately needed changing of the seasons. Hallelujah.
Soon, this too:
Our home is still on the market, despite an offer we got a few days in but that fell through after the buyer got cold feet. We have about three more weeks to sell under our current contract, so if it doesn't happen by then we will pull it off the market until at least a few months after baby comes in July. I would love for it to sell and for us to move into the house we found, but if it doesn't there are definitely worse things than staying in our home awhile longer.
And this soon, too:
At this point, I mostly just want to start sewing for baby and decorating her room. Yes, I said HER. We're having another girl!! We found out last Tuesday and we are SO excited. I admit I was a little surprised--I had convinced myself this one was a boy (though everyone else insisted girl. And I am always wrong on guessing gender, always. So that should have been a good predictor). Chad's face lit up like a Christmas tree when the ultrasound tech told us we were having girl; he's such a good daddy. He's made to be a daddy to girls.
Since I can't yet decorate, I bought these to tide myself over (they're a size Newborn and they don't even look like they could fit one of Charlotte's dolls):
And the reaction on her face when the waitress gave her the vanilla milkshake she ordered on our Valentine's date at Red Robin:
Then there's the dress she discovered at my mom's that was my Easter dress in 1987. She didn't take it off for three days:
So that's my meandering post without much of a purpose...I hope you have a lovely week, free of germs!
~Stacy








No comments:
Post a Comment