We spent almost zero time outside from November thru February. It was either way too cold, too snowy, or I was too sick with first trimester awfulness (or a combination of all three). I've taken more pictures in the last week than I have in the last three months. No one is sick. Miracles abound.
Also, this week brings a rather huge sigh of relief--our house is no longer on the market. Not because it sold; it didn't. As I mentioned before, we had a 30 day window to sell under a contract for another house that was contingent on the sale of our home in that time frame. We had a few false starts and promising moments that ended up leading nowhere, as well as three open houses and eight private showings. That 25 day period felt like an eternity. We were living in limbo, albeit a very clean and organized limbo as our house had to be show-ready at a moment's notice. Obviously this scenario will be true anytime we sell, but doing it while almost six months pregnant and in a nesting mode that left me wanting to do nothing more than feather my humble nest (I couldn't even measure the baby's room for curtains to make until I knew if we were moving)...let's just say we started to seriously question whether we were making the right decision at the right time. Long story and many conversations later we decided to pull the house off the market yesterday. We feel a huge weight lifted off, which tells us this was the right decision for this moment in time. We will try again another time when it makes more sense and we aren't up against a time constraint to sell. And when it isn't the dead of winter. Word of advice: do NOT try to sell your home in the month of February unless you absolutely must.
So with that over, I was able to bring all my sewing stuff back up from the basement and finally start making some spring and summer stuff for Charlotte and as many baby things as I can find for Baby Girl. I went to Amish Country yesterday and stopped at my favorite quilt shop, Miller's Dry Goods, to stock up:
We cleaned off Charlotte's swings, much to her extreme delight:
She's SO excited about or Disney trip--now seven weeks away!
Happy Sunday.
~Stacy





No comments:
Post a Comment