It's currently about 14 degrees and snowy outside, but I'm comfortably warm and just finished sewing a sundress. A bright orange, floral sundress. Why? Because it's 14 degrees and snowy outside. And will probably continue to be that way for a long time. That, coupled with the fact that we're in the part of the year where there are about 45 minutes of daylight each day, means I need to find things that are fun, uplifting, and make me forget that it's winter.
Also, I actually feel good. The past few days have brought relief from the previous 42 consecutive days of all day nausea (not that I counted. Oh wait, I did). I'm taking full advantage of feeling good in case I'm being tricked and this is only temporary (better NOT be).
This dress was made using this pattern:
It was easy and relatively quick to make--I think I'll try the pink version next, with the sash and lace. The fabric is from the new Flower Sugar line by Lecien--and it's not quite as vibrant as it looks in these photos. I got it for Christmas and had plans immediately to make Charlotte a dress out of it.
This is the first thing I've sewn since Charlotte's Halloween costume. This is partly because I've felt lousy for awhile, but actually mostly because my sewing table had been moved upstairs several months ago. I thought it would be nice to move it upstairs and have my own space to spread out, but what ended up happening was that it was "out of sight, out of mind." I rarely went up there to sew since it was so separated from everything else going on in the house. And now that the room will have a new inhabitant come July, it made sense to move it back downstairs--where it belongs.
Happy Sewing!
~Stacy





No comments:
Post a Comment