Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Way It Should Be

I made a bold move: I put the snow shovels away. Up until this weekend they've been propped up against the side of the garage. We didn't even bother putting taking them any farther away from the driveway since we knew another snowstorm would hit right away.

But no more, I say. Even if it snows again in the next couple weeks we are done shoveling. I simply refuse to shovel snow past March.

Thankfully there were no possibilities of snowflakes this weekend. We've had the windows open all day and we've been outside for the majority of these past two days and it has been wonderful. All this fresh air in the house has made it smell so good (which begs the question, did it smell bad during the winter...? Hopefully not; there's just something about fresh, clean spring air that makes everything smell so great). I forgot how nice it is to sleep with the window cracked open all night, listening to the wind and the birds instead of the furnace and heater. Spring is the best medicine.







Charlotte can finally reach to pedal her tricycle by herself and she is loving it. She wants to ride it all the time and every time she does it she exclaims "Look! I'm riding my bike!"


She also discovered that the little compartment in the back of her bike makes a great place to store her afternoon snack.

She's come inside at the end of each day with a sweaty head, pink cheeks, dirty pants and hands covered in sidewalk chalk. Just the way it should be :)

Happy Spring.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment