On Saturday we went to our first Christmas party of the season. Every year my Grandma hosts a party at her house for the entire family, and this year it was a little earlier than usual since some of the family had traveled in from Wyoming. It was great to see everyone again, eat (a lot) of delicious food, and also celebrate my cousin's graduation from college. Yep, my little cousin graduated college. How did that happen? Wasn't it just last week that I was eight years old and holding him in the hospital shortly after he was born? That's what I thought...
She's at a point where she gets excited when she sees presents but she's just as happy to give them to someone else as she is to open them. I like that :)
This week is full of more baking, cooking, eating, and getting together with friends and family. I always enjoy this time of year but the events of last Friday have definitely cast a shadow over everything. If you're reading this, you're having a good day. I don't care if your boss is a jerk, or you have the flu, or your co-worker is nasty, or if your credit card debt is high. Maybe your kids are acting out or you have to deal with airports during Christmas or you got a really crappy haircut or you had to sit in traffic for a long time on your way home from work. Whatever it is, it really doesn't matter. Take a second and be thankful that you are lucky enough that whatever is going on in your life is not so bad as what those parents and families are going through in Newtown. For at least one day, I call a moratorium on complaining. Because really, we have it pretty darn good.
~Stacy




No comments:
Post a Comment