I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! We sure did, especially since it was spread out over three days. We decided that the best way to tackle all the present opening and celebrations with a little one was to break it up into smaller events so she wouldn't lose her mind (and so we wouldn't either :)). So grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable; this is a long one!
On the 23rd we set out all of her presents from her Grandma C. and Aunt C. who live in Maine. We video chatted with them in the morning so they could watch Charlotte open everything, which Charlotte loved because she can "talk" to their cats.
The highlights? A "choo choo" and a snazzy pair of sneakers. The girl loves shoes. I have no idea where she gets that...
Christmas Eve was just the three of us. We let Charlotte open her presents from us and we spent the rest of the day hanging out with her and playing in the snow. She loves her kitchen! I set it up in the dining room so she can "cook" whenever we're in there or the real kitchen. She also loves her new stuffed Elmo (aka "Melmo") and her very first sled. Here's a look at how Christmas Eve went down:
And finally, Christmas Day. We had my parents and brother & sister-in-law over earlier in the day and the rest of the family came over later. Charlotte got another shipment of goodies under the tree and was not disappointed...though I wonder if this morning she expected to open presents again, since that's pretty much been what we've been doing all week.
Right now we are watching the blizzard unfold and enjoying the fact that we have nowhere to be all week long. Now that's what I call a Merry Christmas!
~Stacy














No comments:
Post a Comment