This week is all about prepping for the new year but also revisiting all of the things that made 2012 special. I've been having fun looking through my photos from the past twelve months and reliving the highlights and remembering some of the smaller moments that I had forgotten about. Today's post is all about the stuff I made. I've been really eager to get back to making things again since it has been several weeks since I've had the opportunity to do much besides cook, clean, entertain, repeat.
Here's a summary of everything I created with the help of a sewing machine/glue gun/paint/lots of patience.
There's few other things that I never photographed, but these represent the majority. I did not include my failed attempts at lip gloss, a gathered knit skirt with a yoga waistband, and a stuffed elephant. It's for the best.
I'm excited to make more things this year and branch out a bit in what I make. I have an irrational fear of sewing a zipper onto anything and therefore have avoided any pattern that calls for one, when possible. I vow to be brave and attempt a zipper this year. Oh, and ruffles. I'd like to try out more clothing patterns and finally attempt machine quilting something beyond just stitching inside the seams. Also, I need to figure out the right way finish off binding.
I'll be back later with more year in review posts and more goals for 2013!
~Stacy


No comments:
Post a Comment