Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Summer Sewing

I've had some fun summery fabric hanging around since Christmas that was waiting for the right project, so after seeing a sea of pink and yellow in Charlotte's summer wardrobe I found the the right one: summer outfits.

I used a basic shorts pattern for both pairs--nothing fancy at all, and each only took 1/3 yard of fabric and about fifteen minutes!







The blue floral top is McCall's pattern 5835 and the white top is Butterick 3477. Both are size 2T but cut on a 3T length; the white one was still too short, which is why I added the eyelet trim. And, as per usual for these patterns, they still ended up being way too wide and needed to be taken in on the sides about 1.5". The blue top actually isn't finished yet--the yoke lining still needs to be hand sewn but you can't tell in the photos :) The construction of that top was a little odd...but the end result is cute.

Happy Sewing!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment