It feels like we've turned a definite corner with the seasons. I no longer worry that there might be a random day with snow or freezing temperatures. It's a nice feeling. Also nice is the burst of green that happened last week--the buds on the trees just blew up all of a sudden and now there's beautiful color everywhere. It is the best.
It was a week of seasonal firsts, as in summer, which I know it isn't technically summer yet. But it feels more like it every day so I'm just going to pretend that it is.
We mowed the lawn, went to garage sales, bought a few hanging baskets, went on a wagon ride/walk and ran around outside without shoes on--all firsts for this pre-summer season.
The photo on the lower right is from Thursday, when we spent the morning at garage sales. I love doing that, and I'm happy that Charlotte loves it too. My mom and I gave her some random items to put in her purse and she was thrilled. She bought a Snow White nightlight at one sale and scored a free baby doll at another (photo in the top left shows the doll). When we were done she announced "I'm ready for the next garage sale!" so she'll be happy to find out we're doing it over again this week.
Today Chad and Charlotte spent some time setting up the tent and organizing their supplies for their camping trip next weekend. Charlotte asked all winter long when she could go camping again, so she can't wait to go (and neither can he). I think she was more excited preparing for her camping trip today than she was on Christmas morning.
I hope you're enjoying the weekend!
~Stacy









No comments:
Post a Comment