Charlotte was SO excited to go. She skipped to the car with her backpack on yelling "buh bye, Mommy, I'm going camping!" She was a great sleeper in the tent--even sleeping through the middle of the night rustling near the campfire of raccoons having a midnight snack.
I stayed behind and did yard work, which was a remarkably less fun way to spend the time. But it was also a quiet and peaceful way to spend the time...which was nice. But after a long day of doing manual labor I treated myself to a hard earned sundae from Mitchell's Ice Cream, so there's that.
The day began with two huge piles of dirt and mulch. With the help of my good friend Mike (who only required beer and food as payment, which is a pretty sweet deal) we laid new dirt where the groundhog tunnels had been collapsed, then covered everything with mulch. It was a lot of work and I am very, very glad it is done.
Before:
And after:
Now we can enjoy the upcoming Memorial Day weekend without involving any big yard projects. And it's supposed to be beautiful outside, so that makes it even better. Enjoy your week!
~Stacy











No comments:
Post a Comment