Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

Birthdays and holidays should exist beyond just one day--so I like to celebrate them over a week (or in the case of Christmas, a month or more). This week is Thanksgiving week--can you believe it? I cannot. It seems like just last weekend I was clearing away leftover leaves and eagerly anticipating some flower buds and seeing the first signs of green popping up. Now here we are, almost winter, and about to celebrate Thanksgiving.

It is also worth noting that last week was my mom's birthday week (ending today, which is her actual birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!). Also celebrating a birthday week is my Grandpa, who turns 89 on Tuesday. He's a very neat man, and I'm glad that my daughter has gotten to experience his neatness, which she does every Tuesday night when she gets to go to his house for dinner and music:

This week kicks off the busiest time of year, but the good kind of busy (mostly). Other times of the year can be just as busy or worse, but there's something less stressful about it at the end of the year because there's a real feeling of closure to this year and the hope and anticipation for the next. Closing out a work project for year end is less stress inducing (to me) than dealing with a huge assignment in, say, July with no end in sight. And so much of the busy-ness comes from things that aren't really stressful in a bad way--shopping for gifts, wrapping presents, going to parties and get togethers, baking, cooking. There are worse things to keep us busy.

This December starts off in an especially exciting way for me--a trip to Chicago. My grandma is celebrating a big birthday in March (60. She's turning 60...) and to celebrate my mom is taking her, me, and my sister-in-law on a three day trip to Chicago. I've never been there--aside from numerous layovers at O'Hare, which I do not count. We're staying in a gorgeous looking hotel right in the city and the Christmas Market will be going on. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm glad we're going during the holiday season when all the store windows will be decorated and the lights will be up.
Image source
Enjoy this last bit of your weekend and have a great, short week!

~Stacy



No comments:

Post a Comment