Sunday, October 27, 2013

Little Red Riding Hood Costume

My girl is still young enough that she doesn't have much of an opinion about what she wants to be for Halloween. This is not because she isn't opinionated (she is) but because she's not quite familiar with this whole Halloween concept. Last year she was too little to have any idea what we were doing but this year she's very excited about the idea. It's blowing her mind that we get to walk around to our neighbor's houses, ring their doorbells, and get candy :)

Since this is most definitely the last year of her life where I'll get to pick her costume without any input from her, I decided to make her a Little Red Riding Hood costume. I had a pattern from the Oliver + S book for a cape that I wanted to make, so I found a costume that would work with it. Also, I went as Little Red when I was about 4 or 5 so there's a bit of nostalgia wrapped up in it.

For the dress, I just made an Ice Cream Social Dress out of red gingham. I went this route instead of using a detailed pattern specifically for Little Red Riding Hood since I wanted her to be able to wear the dress again in the summer on its own.
Image

The cape is made out of a solid deep red for the exterior and a white/gray print by Swirly Girls for the lining.
Image

Image

Image

Little Red loves her costume. She went into the woods to show it off:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Happy Halloween!

4 comments: