I ended up making curtains, a changing pad cover, a pillow and a toy/book bin--which will probably complete the handmade items for her room (and also free up my sewing time to make cute baby clothes, which is way more fun than sewing curtains).
And a peek at part of the room:
Aside from items for her room, I also made bibs. Lots and lots of bibs. I made eight to start with and then quickly realized that bibs are always in the laundry pile, split up between diaper bags, or in use so it would be wise to have more in stock. So I doubled my inventory:
All flannel, all from Joann's, all purchased when flannel was $2.49/yd. AND with an extra 20% off coupon. I can easily get four bibs per yard, so total investment was $8. Pattern was free--I drew it myself off an old bib of Charlotte's, but you can easily find free printable patterns anywhere.
I also did some sewing for a different kind of baby--a Bitty Baby. Charlotte got one of these for her birthday and I made a few things for it using this pattern:
It's one of the few commercial patterns you can find for dolls smaller than 18" (this one has pattern sets for 11-13" and 14-16" dolls. Bitty Baby is 15").
I made three little dresses and one diaper--and that was about all I had the patience for. The instructions are not the best and the first dress I made took longer than many of the dresses I've made for Charlotte. Thankfully the other two went much better once I ignored the instructions and just did it on my own.
Happy Sewing!
~Stacy








No comments:
Post a Comment