I've been on a sewing kick lately, which has been fun. In the past few weeks I've made Charlotte a romper, a flutter sleeve top, a nightgown, a skirt and a Minnie Mouse inspired dress (more on that last one to come). I've also made myself two bags and then just today a teeny tiny skirt for the new baby.
The bags are both made from fabrics by Bonnie & Camille--the first one is from Miss Kate and the second bag is from their newest line, Daysail. I like the second bag best, but the first one was muuuch easier to sew! Ever have one of those projects that is so thick and unwieldy you have a hard time working with it? That was the Daysail bag. I broke two needles on it. And don't even get me started on those grommets.
Yesterday I found this adorable fabric by Holly Holderman (Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric). I thought the print was so cute and different.
It was sold in one yard precuts, so I bought one and decided to make Charlotte and Baby Girl coordinating skirts. I used some leftover green gingham I had in my stash since I love the look of double layer skirts.
These skirts sew up crazy fast (about 10-15 minute per skirt). I just use my own measurements, no pattern.
I used Charlotte's current measurements for hers, and I based the baby's on a size chart I found online for 0-3 months. She's due in July so I hope she's ready for a picnic when she gets here--these skirts are picnic and parade kind of skirts.
~Stacy




No comments:
Post a Comment