Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Well That Escalated Quickly

Snow in November is usually somewhat surprising--at least, snow that sticks is. I can only remember a few times where we had heavy snow accumulate and hang around this early but I think this past weekend takes the cake.

It all started Thursday with some cute little flurries flying around. They were sweet and I watched them fly around for a bit and then I went back to work and forgot all about it.


Things settled down after awhile, and then I came home from work and was making dinner as Charlotte kept exclaiming "snow!! Wow, mommy, look at all that snow!" and when I looked out the window it was white. By the time dinner was over, there was enough to build a snowman and shovel--which she and Chad did both.


Then Friday happened, and things got a little out of hand.


Charlotte was so excited she could hardly stand it--this girl loves her some snow. She couldn't wait to use to her sled, so we did the only thing that made sense during a blizzard at dark: took her on a sled ride up to the corner deli to get ice cream.





I feel like I should be wishing you all a Merry Christmas, or Happy-middle-of-January, but no. Happy Not Yet Thanksgiving...

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment