Sunday, October 19, 2014

Quilted Baby Carrier


Charlotte loves her Baby Stella doll (and really any doll, but this project specifically has Baby Stella in mind). She carries it around with her a lot and I thought it'd be cute to make her her own baby carrier. Enter Pinterest, where I searched "diy baby carrier" and found this:

Click here to go right to the pin

I thought it was adorable and the tutorial looked simple enough--to see, it click here to go directly to the blog!

It's a great tutorial and the whole project took one evening and one afternoon. I split it up because the pieces all needed to be quilted--which was easy, but time consuming. So I did all the cutting and quilting last night and put it together this afternoon. All told it probably took a total of about 2 hours.

I used leftover fabric from this outfit I made her over the summer:

I had juuust enough left to make the carrier! And the tutorial called for high loft batting, which I did not have. So I improvised and did one layer of fusible fleece and another layer of low loft natural cotton batting. It worked out fine, and I'd definitely recommend doing that if you don't have high loft since it needs some heft to hold its shape. A heavier weight interfacing would be fine for the hood, but I wouldn't suggest it for the basket since it wouldn't be very soft and squishy. And the pretend baby that will be laying inside will require soft and squishy ;)

It's so cute and the perfect size for Stella (it'll comfortably hold a doll up to 15").







~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment