This month, in addition to finding places in my house to paint and re-do, I've finished a few small sewing projects and revived a past project that had been on hold for over two years.
First, the sewing.
I love the line of One Yard Wonder sewing books by Rebecca Yaker, and the newest version is no exception. It's called Little One Yard Wonders and all the patterns are things to make for babies/kids.
I made this top in less than an hour (and less than a yard of fabric):
It's hard to tell from the photo since the fabric is kind of busy, but it has a button closure on the back and both sides have a small center pleat.
The second quick project was another T-shirt dress, this one using a long-sleeved shirt. The shirt fit everywhere except length (it was getting too short), so I chopped off a little at the bottom and sewed a two-tiered skirt to it. Doesn't get much simpler than that.
It's hard to tell in the photo above, but the house is painted light pink (I used the same paint that we used in Charlotte's room). I can see why the dollhouse directions advise painting every piece before putting the house together. Painting afterward is difficult and tedious, to say the least. Plus the wood soaks up paint like crazy, so I had to do four coats of white on the trim and three coats of pink.
As for the exterior, that'll be a project for yet another day so back in the closet this goes for awhile longer :)
~Stacy









No comments:
Post a Comment