Monday, April 29, 2013

Flower Box Book Rack

While I was on my spray painting binge last week making the bubblegum machine, I also painted a little shelf to put in the living room to use as a book rack/magazine holder. I wanted something in a bright color that could hang on the wall since enough of our floor space is already taken up by baskets of toys and books. I was at Joann's a few weeks ago when their unfinished wooden furniture and decor was 50% off, plus I had a 25% off coupon that was good on sale items. I found a flower box that I thought was cute and after all the discounts and coupons were applied it ended up costing $7.50. Not bad, plus I knew I had enough spray paint leftover from my sewing table to do the whole project. So home it went.

I used this paint (again, my favorite brand and type of spray paint and a great choice if you're like me and not the greatest at spray painting anything):



And after letting it sit outside for about two full days, it was brought in to sit on my dining room table for another week and a half until we had time to do anything with it.

And ta-da! A new book rack:





Happy Monday.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment