As a result of all that, I am going to do my best to stay off Facebook until after the election. I think the political rants bring out the worst in people and I'd rather not have my judgment of someone clouded over something like that. I will still share my blog on Facebook (which I do from Blogger and thankfully doesn't even require the use of FB) and my phone will hopefully let me know if I have any messages.
There, now onto other things that I promise have nothing to do with politics: pumpkins and changing leaves. Well, not so much actual pumpkins but rather the pumpkin-flavored everything craze that is going on right now. Is it just me, or have you noticed that a huge increase this season in the pumpkin-spiced trend? For the most part I like pumpkin-y foods/desserts, but some things have gone to far. I saw a recipe on Pinterest for pumpkin mac & cheese and that sounded pretty gross...but if you're a pumpkin fan I highly recommend Thomas' Pumpkin Spice English Muffins. Toasted with some cream cheese and they are deeelicious.
All of the sudden the leaves around here have really started to burst with color. In another week or so I think they might peak, so yesterday I took Charlotte to the park so we could admire and take some pictures before all the leaves are on the ground. She was so excited that this was her reaction when we arrived:
Ah well. She stayed this way for the first hour of our walk, but at least it gave me a chance to have some fun taking pictures.
She was excited to wake up from her nap and find herself in the park!
What a life :)
I hope you're having a great week and doing your best to deal with all the political madness going on.
~Stacy







No comments:
Post a Comment