Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Projects~This & That

Over the past couple weeks I've finished (yay!) a variety of projects. Usually the opposite is true: I start a variety of projects. Finishing is another topic altogether, but I'll get to it later (har har). Among the finished? Another repurposed skirt and a bunch of fabric dolls for Charlotte, a painted coat rack, and a Halloween costume. The costume will come later this week (along with a tutorial) because I want to make sure the costume's new owner gets a chance to see it in person before it's posted.

First up, the skirt. I had a shirt that I really liked but found that I never wore it. Why? Because it makes me look pregnant. I wore the shirt before I got pregnant and never really noticed a problem and I continued to wear it in the earlier parts of my pregnancy. Now when I put it on I just feel like I look 4 months pregnant, which is not a look I want until I actually am 4 months pregnant again someday. I figured I could follow the same tutorial I used to make Charlotte a skirt out of her old dress, which I did and it worked out great! I might have to hunt through my closet for more cute shirts that I don't wear and give them new life. Here's the before and after:


Sorry the last two look weird...I do 90% of my sewing at night, which is when these photos were taken. Bad lighting and I was too impatient to wait.

I also finished her 30s-inspired fabric dolls that I made using this fabric panel:
Once they were all done I arranged them on her rocking chair so she'd find them when she woke up from her nap:




They were a hit, though unfortunately they're also a hit with Howard. He steals them on a regular basis and uses them as bait to get Charlotte to play with him. No permanent damage has been done that I can tell, though I did find a mysterious wad of stuffing on the floor yesterday...

And finally, I fancied up our coat rack. I wanted to paint it a bright, bold color so I bought a can of spray paint that's a paint and primer in one that will adhere to almost any surface. No sanding or priming? I'm in.




Now if only I could just spray paint the built-ins...and the ceiling, which I avoided completely when doing the rest of the painting a few weeks ago. I don't want to talk about the ceiling. If you come to my house, just don't look up.

I hope you're having a good week :)

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment