Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sewing Update

As per usual, I've been trying to forget the fact that it's still winter by sewing springy/summery things.  In the past month I've made the girls' Easter dresses, a top and a summer dress for Charlotte, and two rompers for Elise.

All of these (except for the rompers) were made using the Geranium Dress pattern by Made By Rae. I can't get over how much I love this pattern. I love that it has cap sleeve and sleeveless options and can be made into a dress or tunic length top. It's my favorite pattern to date!

First up: Easter dresses. I wanted them to coordinate but not be matchy, so I used prints from the Riley Blake line "Fancy & Fabulous."

Here's Charlotte's:



And Elise's:



Next up was a top and dress for Charlotte. The top is from the Vintage Market line by Tasha Noel and the dress fabric is from Joann's. I didn't get a photo of the back of the dress, but I changed the pattern slightly and did a zipper instead of buttons. I might be the only person in the world who prefers sewing zippers to buttonholes, but it's true.



And finally, baby rompers. I used a vintage Simplicity pattern on these and it was super simple and fun to make. The top fabric is Saltwater by Riley Blake and the strawberry one I'm drawing a blank on but I believe it is also from the Vintage Market line. I can't wait to see her chubby baby legs in these :)


Happy Sewing!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment