Friday, September 4, 2015

First Home Quilt

A couple weeks ago two of our best friends came to visit from Pittsburgh and it was lovely. We don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like, but we had a fantastic day with them nevertheless. They recently moved into a place of their own (yay!) and to celebrate I made them a quilt. It was my first project in months (aside from a T-shirt dress I made Charlotte, which really only involved sewing a gathered strip of fabric to a store bought tank top). It felt good to make something again, though it was a little bit of a task to take on with only 9 days to make it before they arrived! I like a challenge though, so it was good.

This quilt went together really quickly and is made up of 8" blocks, 5x8, plus a border. All the fabrics are from JoAnn's.

Welcome to my "studio" where I have two supervisors. One sleeps a lot and the other enjoys playing with plastic Easter eggs in August. 




I admit, I had a hard time parting with this one. I love the yellow/gray combo and it looked so fresh and bright on my porch and the living room! But I managed to let it go and I hope its new owners love it as well :)

Happy Sewing.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment