Today is an exciting day, especially for the smallest member of our household--we leave for Disney World in 24 hours! Charlotte has been excited about this trip for months but her excitement level at this point has reached epic proportions. Just last night she called Chad upstairs for maybe the 4th time after putting her bed because she had too much to talk about. I think that particular visit centered around her breakfast order--we're having breakfast our first day at Magic Kingdom inside Cinderella's Castle, so she was debating whether she would have pancakes solo or pancakes AND eggs when she has breakfast with Cinderella and Princess Aurora. The life decisions of an almost four year old are completely adorable.
We are staying for a whole week, the longest vacation we've taken since Charlotte was one and we took our trip to Maine. We're flying, which means it will be Charlotte's first time on an airplane. I'm having several different feeling about that, ranging from dread to excitement. I'm hoping she has a pleasant experience on the flight there so that we can actually get her on the plane peacefully to come home. The fact that I hate airports, flying and basically the entire transportation portion of travel doesn't help...but at least we have nonstop flights.
We're staying at a Disney resort so we don't have to deal with the headache of renting a car and driving to the parks everyday. The magicians who manage Disney World have that place organized at a level that is both impressive and alarming. And thanks to the magic and awesomeness that is our travel agent, everything is done. We really just have to show up with our MagicBands on (these bracelets that carry with them almost a frightening amount of information and capability) and the rest of it is mostly done. We went for the extra stuff that will make the trip easier and more enjoyable--the dining plan, the photo package, the FastPasses, the stroller rental, etc. Go big or go home, right? And facing the somewhat daunting idea of navigating Disney World in my third trimester of pregnancy made me that much more willing to do anything I could to make the trip as simple and stress free as possible. Like buying a pair of sandals based entirely on comfort rather than style, which is how I've ended up with Crocs sandals in my suitcase. Madness.
So today we are packing, cleaning, running last minute errands, doing laundry, and writing lengthy blog posts to procrastinate.
I'll be back with everything about how our trip went, and most definitely a completely ridiculous amount of pictures. Have a great week :)
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment