Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer

My poor blog, it's been so neglected. Many things have been neglected since starting my new work schedule and figuring out when home chore stuff gets done. This past week was consumed with setting up for a garage sale, which was quite an undertaking. While we were in Michigan we were talking about how if a catastrophe happened and we had a few minutes to grab some possessions, everything we'd want (and then some) was in the car with us. So that got us thinking about excess stuff and how great it would feel to get rid of it--which coincided nicely with an e-mail from my neighbor about setting up a street wide sale. We went through every room in our house (including the attic and basement, two areas I avoid if possible) and unloaded a ton of stuff. My parents did the same so between the two households our garage was full to bursting. It was pretty successful, but I'm glad it's over and if I never do another one again it will be just fine :)

These were my favorite customers:

This guy was not my favorite. Cute as he is, he eats all my strawberries before I can pick them. ALL of them. At least he doesn't care for my tomatoes (even if he does dump the pot over to get to the strawberries).



I did buy one thing from the street sale: a Nemo costume. This is why:
I love how she's just wearing it and eating a marshmallow like it's no big deal.

After the sale wrapped up Chad and I got to go out and celebrate our anniversary--9 years! We went downtown to the Greenhouse Tavern, stopped at the Cleveland Clothing Co. t-shirt shop, and then walked around Edgewater Park. 




Then today, an unplanned morning trip to Oberlin to walk around the park, visit the general store, and have lunch at Black River Cafe. Lovely.



I love summer. It's officially summer now, which is great. I'm glad the days are long because I need them--I need to soak up the sunshine and the warm weather and beautiful colors and sounds and smells of this glorious season so I can remember why the heck I live here come winter. In the meantime, we'll be outside.


Happy Summer :)

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment